Duino-Coin Terms of Service
Last updated and effective: August 7, 2023
Welcome to Duino-Coin!
Thank you for using Duino-Coin! Thank you for using our services. By using Duino-Coin ("DUCO"), you agree to abide by the following Terms of Service. These terms govern your use of the Duino-Coin network, mining process, and the official Duino-Coin Exchange. Please read them carefully before using our services.
1. Mining Process and Rewards
- Mining Definition: Mining refers to the process of using the DUCO-S1 algorithm, as outlined in the Duino-Coin Whitepaper, to find correct results to mathematical problems, earning miners DUCOs as a reward.
- Supported Hardware: Official miners can be used for mining on CPUs, AVR boards (e.g., Arduino boards), Single-board computers (e.g., Raspberry Pi boards), ESP32/8266 boards, and other hardware specified in the upper part of the README.
- Additional Hardware Mining: Mining with GPUs, FPGAs, and other high-efficiency hardware is allowed, but only using the correct mining difficulty tiers (e.g., EXTREME).
- Throttling and Blocking: Users using miners on difficulty not suited for their hardware may be automatically throttled to the correct difficulty tier. Repeated attempts to use lower difficulty than appropriate may result in temporary blocking.
- Supported Mining Programs: We recommend using only the official or verified mining programs provided by the Duino-Coin team for the purpose of mining DUCO. Using other programs that are not verified, attempting to create your own mining software, or modifying an official program may lead to account suspension or banning to maintain the stability and security of the mining network if a modified program were to have an issue.
2. Account Suspension and Banning
- Exchange Eligibility: Only coins earned legitimately are eligible for exchange on the official DUCO Exchange.
- Temporary Suspensions: Accounts may be temporarily suspended for investigations of Terms of Service violations or abuse.
- Exchange Request Delays and Declines: Exchange requests made to the official exchange may be delayed or declined during investigations of ToS violations or low funding.
- Burning of DUCOs: Violations that can be proven may result in the burning of the user's DUCOs.
3. Cloud Hosting and VPS Services
Mining with free cloud hosting services or free VPS services (e.g., Repl.it, GitHub Actions, etc.) is not allowed, as it creates an unfair advantage over other users.
4. Alt Accounts
Alt accounts are strictly prohibited and are not allowed.
5. Prohibited Transactions
Sending transactions that promote other services or advertise something in any form is not allowed. Such transactions may result in the suspension or blocking of the user's account.
6. Transaction Rate Limiting
Sending a lot of transactions in a short amount of time can trigger the Kolka system, which will rate limit and/or block the user.
7. Community-Made Software
Community-made software needs to comply with the rules (terms of service, difficulty tiers, etc.). Abusing the system will lead to blocking of the software and/or the user(s).
8. Account Usage and Impersonation
Accounts proven to be misleading in name or usage (impersonation, fake bots, etc.) are not allowed.
9. Offensive Verification Pictures
Sending an offensive and/or unrelated verification picture and/or description will lead to immediate blocking of the account.
10. Intellectual Property and Logo Usage
- Intellectual Property: Duino-Coin retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the Duino-Coin network, software, logo, and all related intellectual property. Unauthorized use, reproduction, or distribution of Duino-Coin's intellectual property is strictly prohibited.
- Intellectual Property Usage: Duino-Coin allows the use of certian intellectual properties in documentation, entertainment (videos/blogs), and other non-commercial purposes, provided proper attribution is given (this can be in the form of a link back to duinocoin.com). Click here to see our public branding package.
11. Third-Party Links
Our site or services may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Duino-Coin. Duino-Coin assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. Users acknowledge and agree that Duino-Coin shall not be responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available through third-party websites or services.
12. Limitation of Liability
The Duino-Coin network's code is open-source, provided on an "as is" basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind. Duino-Coin shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, resulting from the use or inability to use the Duino-Coin network or its software.
Please review our Disclaimer for important information about the value, trading, and use of DUCO and wDUCO assets, as well as the risks associated with using our services and platforms.
14. Termination of Services
Duino-Coin reserves the right to terminate or suspend any user's access to the Duino-Coin network at any time, without prior notice, for any reason, or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
15. Changes to the Terms of Service
These Terms of Service may be changed or updated at any time without prior notice. Users are responsible for regularly reviewing the latest version. Continued use of the Service after any modifications to the Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of the updated terms.
16. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms of Service or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to contact us here.
Thank you for being a part of the Duino-Coin community!